I Got Tested For COVID-19

So, I think the title gives you an idea of how the last few weeks of my life has been going. Let me take you along how it was decided that I needed to be tested and where I’m at now.

On March 2 I had a septoplasty to correct my deviated septum. Following the surgery I had a lot of sinus drainage. Nothing to be surprised about or concerned about, right? Normally, that would be correct. Then mid-March the corona virus hit the U.S. I had already gone to the local Dr. J’s urgent care and gotten some antibiotics for a mild sinus infection. I was told not to be concerned, but to practice social distancing and wash my hands just like everyone else.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, I’ve finished the antibiotics for the sinus infection, and the sinuses in my face no longer feel sore but I developed a terrible cough and a low-grade fever. When I say my cough was terrible, it was terrible. I have four dislocated ribs as a result from it, and of course we are in the middle of a pandemic, going to the chiropractor isn’t an option for me at the moment to get them put back in place.

After a couple of days of me feeling absolutely terrible from the cough and fever, we decided to call my doctor. I was then referred to a video call with another doctor who was doing COVID-19 triage. At that time, it was decided that I was not sick enough to get the test, but that based on my social history and the fact that I had most of the symptoms for it, I probably had it.

A couple of days later (Thursday) they finally decided that I needed to be tested. So we went to the health department, and they met me out at the car fully dressed in PPE (personal protection equipment). They swabbed my mouth and nose, which wasn’t nearly as bad as I was expecting, and we were done. They told us that it would only take a day or two for the results to come in, so we sat by the phone.

Through all of this, my doctor wouldn’t prescribe me any medicine until the test results came back but did say I could take some Robitussin to help my cough. I could not wait for the test results to come in so I could get some medicine because I was in so much pain. The Robitussin did help, but not as much as I would have liked.

Finally, this past Monday morning we got the test results. They were negative. I do NOT have COVID-19, I do however have pneumonia. Once we got the results, we called my doctor. He called in a prescription for me, and to call back if I don’t start getting better. It’s been just short of a week since I started these meds, and I am feeling better, but I have a feeling that it’ll probably be another couple of weeks before I’m back to my “normal,” whatever that is for me. It was just a big relief that I didn’t actually have the corona virus.

I'm not sure how active or inactive I'll be in getting up blog posts while I'm recovering, but I just thought I'd give everyone an update of what I've been going through the last couple of weeks.

Please be safe, practice social distancing, and take shelter in place seriously! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dysautonomia Awareness Month

My Top 10 Favorite Harry Potter Fanfictions

10 Common Makeup Mistakes

2021 Summer Recap

My Mom LIVED at a Haunted School