Beauty at Home



With the way things are going in the world right now, there are a lot of places that are closed, leaving you unable to get out and get pampered. Now there are ways to get at least the same effect at home, even if it isn’t as nice or lasts as long as it would if you were to go to a salon. Luckily, it’s also a lot cheaper to get that effect at home to compensate for the potentially not as high quality, and not the relaxing effect of getting pampered. 

There are a couple of ways that you can go with nails, just depending on what you like. There are press-on nails from brands like Kiss that have lots of cute designs. I’m actually wearing a set from Kiss's  ImPRESS line right now that I’m fairly happy with. My only complaint with these is that I personally have small fingers and the accent nails are a little on the big side for my fingers. I have another set from Kiss that I am waiting to try when I change these out. 


                                 

Another option for nails is one that I have been using for a few months now that I really love. They are stickers made from real gel nail polish that you just size to your finger and stick on. They are advertised to last for two weeks, but I’ve made a set last three and a half before switching them out. I could have probably made it last longer, but my nail was growing out and I was ready for a change. There are a couple of brands, but the only one that I have tried is Dashing Diva, and I have been very happy with them. I have gotten them at both Walmart and Ulta. This brand also has press-on nails, I just haven’t made an Ulta order since I decided to give the press-on nails a try. 

                                     


Then if you can’t get out to get your nails done, chances are that you can’t get your eyebrows done either. I know that I have watched videos on YouTube on eyebrow maintenance that have really helped me take care of my eyebrows on my own. If you are needing a little bit more help, you can get eyebrow stencils. Find the stencil that is closest to the natural shape of your eyebrow, hold it to your brow and fill it in with a dark pencil. Once it is filled in, you can remove the stencil and tweeze (or if you feel comfortable wax) any of the hair that is outside of the lines that you filled in.

My Current Brow Routine | Jaclyn Hill




Now I can’t say that I fully recommend cutting your own hair unless you really need to, but if you do: Brad Mondo on YouTube has some really good tutorials to follow. My mom and I actually followed it for my hair back in April and it turned out pretty good! I just have to say, please don’t just wing cutting your own hair, you don’t want to turn out like one of the people in his hairdresser reacts videos! 

Hairdressers Guide to Cutting Your Own Hair and Not Ruining It



Hairdressers Guide to Cutting Your Own Bangs and Not Ruining Them



Hairdressers Guide To Cutting Your Own Hair and Not Ruining It (Men's Edition)



If you like going to get blowouts, I’m sure you already know about this tool, but I have to show you just in case you don’t. It’s a brush and a hairdryer in one! It’s really easy to use, much easier than trying to juggle both a blow dryer and a brush. It gives a lot of volume and gives that salon blowout look every time! I got mine as a Christmas present to myself this past year, and I have been so happy with it, especially since I haven’t been able to go get my hair done as often as I usually do this year. (Find the hair dryer here)



If those roots start to show and you can’t get in to get your hair colored, there are a couple of options. You can order some hair color, but if you don’t trust yourself there are other options! I personally haven’t found anything to cover dark roots for bottle blondes like me (I’ve tested a few products but haven’t found any that I like), but my mom uses Everpro Gray Away Temporary Root Concealer. This works great for her hair! It covers her grey and makes her hair look thicker. She loves it for when she can’t get in to get her hair done. 
If you have any other tips on getting your beauty routine done at home, leave a comment down below for the rest of us to see! If you've tried any of these above, comment a picture and how you liked it! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dysautonomia Awareness Month

My Top 10 Favorite Harry Potter Fanfictions

10 Common Makeup Mistakes

2021 Summer Recap

My Mom LIVED at a Haunted School