Reminders That God is With Us

We are all going through a time of uncertainty. Uncertainty of our health and the health of our loved ones. There is a lot of uncertainty of whether or not there will still be a job for you to go back to tomorrow. There is uncertainty of there being toilet paper at the grocery store when you need it. All of this uncertainty over basic necessities can be unsettling and cause plenty of stress and anxieties. I want to just remind everyone that we are not alone in this. Not only are we not alone in the instance that this a world-wide problem and our friends and neighbors are going through the same thing, but that God is guiding us through this.

There are a few personal situations that I have witnessed and been through in the last couple of weeks that I have really seen God’s presence. Situations that initially seem like they would be a disaster, with God’s hand, comes together easily. If you haven’t already read my post, I Got Tested For COVID-19, go check it out. God really took care of me and my family in that situation. The power of prayer really works. I want to take this all as a reminder that we all just need to let go and remember that God will take care of us.

Here are some Bible verses that I hope can provide some comfort for everyone:

Matthew 6:25-34

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Psalm 55:22
Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Genesis 28:18-22
Jacob's Dream,  Abilene Christian University
2014
18 So early in the morning Jacob took the stone that he had put under his head and set it up for a pillar and poured oil on the top of it. 19 He called the name of that place Bethel, but the name of the city was Luz at the first. 20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat and clothing to wear, 21 so that I come again to my father's house in peace, then the Lord shall be my God, 22 and this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, shall be God's house. And of all that you give me I will give a full tenth to you.”

I hope that these verses provided some comfort for everyone that is reading this. If you are having any worries or anxieties give those worries to God. This isn’t a Bible verse, but this is a good quote why you should just give any you your worries to God instead of stressing:


Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
 https://www.magicalquote.com/moviequotes/worrying-means-you-suffer-twice/


I’m going to close this post out in prayer for all of you:

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you for the fresh air outside and nice weather we have been having for people to be able to get out of their houses. Thank you for social media allowing us to be able to stay connected with our friends, family, and co-workers during this time of social distancing. 

Please be with all the people dealing with the corona virus, or any other health concerns right now, along with their families. Please be with all our health care workers and keep them safe. Please be with everyone who is concerned about their job situations and give them ease of mind. Please be with anyone who is struggling with their mental health right now and help get them the care and support they need. Please be with all the children who are out of school right now who might not be in the best home situations or are just not adjusting well to being off of their schedule.  

Thank you for sending your son to save us from our sins,
In Jesus name,
Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dysautonomia Awareness Month

My Top 10 Favorite Harry Potter Fanfictions

10 Common Makeup Mistakes

2021 Summer Recap

My Mom LIVED at a Haunted School